Disconnecting from room

Issue:
Every time when i try trade/battle in pokemon Y/ALPHA SAPPHIRE/ULTRASUN i got disconnect from room, even on room where are no one (only me and one person). I see passerby and even O-Power is working normal, so i don’t know whats the problem. Sometimes i disconnect randomly when playing.
Sry for bad englando

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10

• CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

• GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1272

• Game: Pokemon X,Y/ AS,OR/OS,OM

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
    Theres only “citra connection to room lost” error after 10sec. of trying battle/trade and game freeze.

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1272 HEAD-186ffc2
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try capping your FPS to something lower. Sounds like a speed desync issue.

but i play at 30fps!

ok, when i try battle/trade my FPS go to 60! so maybe you right but, i cant CAP it. i try dxtory and set to 30fps bu then game run at 15fps :confused: any way to do it right?

BUMP! HELP! Sooo any way to limit fps so it wont go more than 30fps?

Check your latency against the room’s IP, connect to the room, disconnect from it, go to ‘Multiplayer’ > ‘Direct Connect to Room’ and copy the IP (its the IP from the room you just connected to), open a command prompt and type in ping ip_address (where ip_address is the room’s IP address). some games accept high latency but if you got something like above +300ms that may be the reason why you keep disconnecting.

1 Like

Screenshot_1
Soo… how i can fix this?

yeah, i forgot that some servers you can’t ping. connect to the room that is the most geographically close to you.

btw you can check your latency on windows by using the ‘Resource Monitor’ and on the ‘Network’ tab filter citra-qt on ‘Processes with network activity’, and on ‘TCP Connections’ you can see your latency. (only if you are connected to a room, of course).

1 Like

latency is okay. i think the problem is as someone said my fps. in game i got 30fps but when waiting for trade/battle it goes to 60fps!

AFAIK that is normal behavior, most pokemon games change framerate on some menus.

1 Like

oh… so i dont know what causing the problem ;_;

Try creating a room (remember to port forward the UDP port on your router/modem) and invite people in, that way you wont disconnect due to latency.

1 Like

not working. i tried even with other games and the problem is still here.
please help :smile: !

Try playing online again, when you disconnect close citra and don’t open it again, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload your log.

1 Like

So today i got new internet and now i can battle and trade! Idk what was the problem but now its gone :slight_smile: Thx bio3c anyway! :smile:

1 Like

Basically your internet can’t transmit the game packets as fast as the game expects. So the game freaks out.