Do I need to do anything to benefit from the recent resolution scaling feature update?

Hi :slight_smile:
Do I need to do anything to benefit from the recent resolution scaling feature update?
I read about it on twitter and I wonder if I need to manually update anything or setup anything in the config UI.
I use yuzu on a 4K TV and use an RX590 (8GB) GPU with vulkan.

I noticed there is a “yuzu maintenance tool” (or something like that) but I also noticed that updates seem to occur automatically (which I like).
Thanks
-a-

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

everything regarding it should be in config graphics if you are updated. Can set it as you prefer but there is example usage for types of games in that announcement post Progress Report October 2021 - yuzu or New Feature Release - Resolution Scaler - yuzu

1 Like

Thanks.
I went through the links you posted and it’s quite technical, I must admit.
What I retain from all this is that these parameters needs to be set on a per-game basis rather than finding a one-size-fit-all configuration. Right?

I guess some will spend a lot of time and experiment to find the best conditions (these are dependent on the GPU/monitor resolution combo IIUC).

Maybe it would be useful to have a webpage with some kind of list of recommendations based on what GPU and what screen resolution anyone is using (and on a per-game basis). Or maybe this would be too complicated as well… IDK

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best,
-a-

Yeah it can depend on type of game or your particular setup or preference. Happy testing though! What’s super nice is you can change the adapting filter in use by clicking it at bottom of emu when windowed. Saves you relaunching with different one set all the time. Same idea with the fxaa you can turn it off or on just next to the adapting filter.

1 Like