Does anyone know how to get rid of a CIA update that you have installed?

Ive recently updated Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but wishing I hadn’t is there anyway to uninstall it ?.Ive tried going in on NDS file to the SDCM folder then to 00000 folders and deleting the title folder like others have suggested but when I load the game up the CIA update is still installed Please help

System Information

• Operating System: MacBook Air
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): canary 1956
  • Game: pokemon alpha saphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (4.9 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

You will need to remove it manually by right clicking on the game on Citra (assuming you have added a game folder) then Open Update Data Location then go up a couple of evels to the 0004000e folder, then delete the folder containing the game’s ID, e.g: 0011c500

Really double check that you are deleting it from the 0004000e folder because the save folder has the same name but is in 00040000 instead.

The problem with updating it and then wanting to downgrade it is that you leave the game data corrupted and you have to replay it all.

The saved data records the update and if you delete those files the data will not find the file and will force you to delete your progress in the game.

In that case it’s a good idea to keep backups of your save before you update (you will have to do them yourself). It is probably too late for this user; but maybe Pokémon isn’t sensitive so it probably will work.