Does camera feature work?

No matter how I try to use the camera feature it doesn’t work. When I test it in settings menu it works but when I try to use it in-game it doesn’t. I noticed that this problem is common. Any way to fix it ?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I don’t think you need a log for this problem (idk why I am talking to a bot)

We need a log to provide support.

1 Like

and from where can I find a log from a feature that just doesn’t seem to work ?

Make sure that the camera feature is turn on, on citra, open your game, try to use the camera feature in game, after that close your game (don’t open citra again at this point) and go to:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log

and upload the citra_log file in that folder.

Tagging @zhaowenlan1779 about this.

Btw, can you please provide the version info, the settings you’re using, and the game in which this occurs.

1 Like

Yes. Please provide the information @Adityarup_Laha says.

Ok. Sorry for the late response: I am currently using both Citra Nightly #767 and Canary #592 (mostly Nightly)
(I tried to QR scan on both and didn’t work). I’m trying to use the camera feature to QR scan on Pokemon Ultra Moon. (I use the updater and update Citra everytime a new version appears) I don’t really know the settings you want me to tell you but I guess that should do it:

On Camera:Camera to configure: front
Config:Camera image source - still image
Flip: none
Prompt before load - on

Graphics: Limit speed precent- on (110%)
3x native (1200x720)
(I didn’t modify anything other than thaat)

Actually. I found a log. I have only one. Maybe it has to do with the problem i’m having? Anyways here: citra_log.txt (83.5 KB)

pretty sure those games are using the rear camera. the front camera is typically used for taking pictures of your face, and the rear is used for qr codes (not 100% sure on this one)

Yes, I see a bunch of unimplemented functions here.

@zhaowenlan1779 please look into this. Are they normal?

Can confirm.

2 Likes

Typically the unimplemented functions do not affect camera display.
And Pokemon main series have been confirmed to work, so no problems.

citra_log.txt (68.0 KB)
I cant open the qr code function on citra nightly… this is the text log, can someone help me out here?

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1696 HEAD-8e3c767
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5350U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 2
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

and it crashes even when i click on ‘click to show example’

Couple things you could do:

• Disable any and all cheats that you have enabled, then restart the Citra program (important, otherwise they remain active).
  • Make sure to not use Save States before attempting to scan.
  • If the above doesn’t work, try out this older Citra version:
    MacOS seems to have issues with some of the recent changes made in Citra. Perhaps your issue is related to that. Please try out this older Citra version to test this:
    Download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz from Release nightly-1587: Common: remove a mod from AlignUp (#5441) · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
    Extract it and then run the citra-qt executable found inside of the extracted folder.