Does camera feature work?

No matter how I try to use the camera feature it doesn’t work. When I test it in settings menu it works but when I try to use it in-game it doesn’t. I noticed that this problem is common. Any way to fix it ?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I don’t think you need a log for this problem (idk why I am talking to a bot)

We need a log to provide support.

1 Like

and from where can I find a log from a feature that just doesn’t seem to work ?

Make sure that the camera feature is turn on, on citra, open your game, try to use the camera feature in game, after that close your game (don’t open citra again at this point) and go to:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log

and upload the citra_log file in that folder.

Tagging @zhaowenlan1779 about this.

Btw, can you please provide the version info, the settings you’re using, and the game in which this occurs.

1 Like

Yes. Please provide the information @Adityarup_Laha says.

Ok. Sorry for the late response: I am currently using both Citra Nightly #767 and Canary #592 (mostly Nightly)
(I tried to QR scan on both and didn’t work). I’m trying to use the camera feature to QR scan on Pokemon Ultra Moon. (I use the updater and update Citra everytime a new version appears) I don’t really know the settings you want me to tell you but I guess that should do it:

On Camera:Camera to configure: front
Config:Camera image source - still image
Flip: none
Prompt before load - on

Graphics: Limit speed precent- on (110%)
3x native (1200x720)
(I didn’t modify anything other than thaat)

Actually. I found a log. I have only one. Maybe it has to do with the problem i’m having? Anyways here: citra_log.txt (83.5 KB)

pretty sure those games are using the rear camera. the front camera is typically used for taking pictures of your face, and the rear is used for qr codes (not 100% sure on this one)

Yes, I see a bunch of unimplemented functions here.

@zhaowenlan1779 please look into this. Are they normal?

Can confirm.

2 Likes

Typically the unimplemented functions do not affect camera display.
And Pokemon main series have been confirmed to work, so no problems.