Does Citra CANARY have another save file area? - Pokemon Ultra Sun

Issue:
So. I have both Citra Canary & Citra Nightly. I’m using both to experiment with, on Pokemon Ultra Sun.

Citra Nightly loads the “main” save file, in appdata, where as Citra Canary loads a completely different save file I’ve been playing, but cannot find.

Both Canary & Nightly have the same save file directory, but different saves. I am really confused and I am hoping someone can direct me to the right save file, or at least tell me what the situation is in a bit of detail.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
  • CPU: Intel I5-4690 3.50GHz
  • GPU: NVIDEA GeForce GTX 750Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-cf9bfe0 and Citra Canary.
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue: https://gyazo.com/efe500f6da99ca17486d51b637922603

Diagnostic Log
Log file: citra_log.txt (134.1 KB)

Thanks.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Yes, if Citra is running in portable mode, it will use a different save location. @Leo121 explained how that works here. You’ll have to see where your Canary executable is, and then from there see if the user data folder is in that same location. If you do see that Canary has its own user data, that isn’t with the Nightly user data, then I would reinstall Canary, being sure to use the installer and not the manual download.

I found it. Thanks a lot for the help!