Does Citra have actual analog stick support? It's not working for me

Issue:
I’m using a “Generic USB Joystick” and it works no problem when mapped in the control options, except that my left analog stick (mapped to the C-stick) acts exactly like a dpad or keyboard directional keys - Citra only recognises 8 directions (4 normal and 4 diagonal) of movement. That’s not a huge problem, but does make walking around in games not feel as smooth as it should. Is there some setting I’m not seeing, or is it a problem with my controller or the emulator itself? Not sure how System Info would help since it’s not an issue with how games emulate, but giving that anyways.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i5 4440
  • GPU: Radeon r7 260
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): last tested on Canary 1131, but has been happening ever since I got this controller a month or two ago
  • Game: only tested in Pokemon games (XY, ORAS, USUM), but should apply to any that use the C-stick
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): likely not needed, but will upload a video if anyone requests it

Diagnostic Log

Probably not necessary since it’s not an emulation-related issue.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

use the ‘Set Analog Stick’ option.

1 Like