Does Citra work on a low end PC?

So, i have downloaded Citra before, but i can’t access my PC since i am now living in a another city. They HAVE a computer, but it’s laggy, and a low end computer, the PC was “The Republic of Gamers”. It was bought somewhere in the 2000s.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

How low-end are we talking about? Current generation “low-end” is like Ryzen 3 3100 / i3-10100 systems. Entry level being like Athlon 3000G.

The minimum specs are a 64-bit operating system and a GPU that supports OpenGL 3.3

My PC supports OpenGL, and it is a 64 bit PC. Since the PC was for gaming.

But somehow, i said it was bought somewhere in the 2000s, so he could have turned low end. They don’t let me download thr Citra emulator on the PC, they are worried about that the PC will die.

Well it depends when in the 2000s. At 2000 you had stuff like Pentium 4 while in 2009 there was the first generation of core i3, i5 and i7s.

It is better to give us more details, like what CPU, GPU, Ram you have.
CPU-Z

CPU-Z Memory Predator

Can i check it without downloading any programs? I can’t access winver since i am on Windows 7.

Open Device Manager then expand both Display adapters and Processors categories.

I am using a russian version of Windows.

Found only the processor. Intel® Core™ 2 CPU 6700 2.66 GHz

Then click on the arrow next to видеоадаптеры

Found it! NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Core 2 Duo E6700 with GTX 570 should run Citra, make sure drivers are updated though: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132881/

You might need to turn off Accurate Multiplication in the Advanced graphics settings in Citra configuration.

Thanks for the tip, man!

1 Like