Don't have OpenGL 3.3 , but wanna play Pokemon Moon using Citra <3

Cannot Load Files:
I downloaded Citra 3DS software and i cannot loaded the games file. I check from Citra forum that at-least OpenGL 3.3 requirement is needed. But my graphic card didn’t support OpenGL 3.3, do anyway else i can do to play Pokemon X, Moon or etc (3DS) ?

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (3.9 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

Here, this were my log. :blush:

citra_log.txt (3.9 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

Your hardware doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. We are sorry, but unfortunately you won’t be able to run Citra on your pc.

1 Like

Your integrated graphics are too old for Citra. You need to buy a new laptop to use Citra.

If i need to buy a new laptop for playing 3DS games, why not i directly buy a handheld 3DS? With that amount, i still can purchased 5 games, altogether with accessories, gadgets and together with a new phones and bring my family for a deluxe lunch. LOL. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s the point. You were supposed to have a 3DS for Citra. We don’t support piracy here.

You are not a good moderator my friends. You always jump to conclusion when answering question. How you know i didn’t have an original 3DS Pokemon Y cartridge? My sister want play it, so i think maybe i can play it on my laptop. Your answer is bold and rude. You should apologize.

Okay, answer me this: do you actually have a 3DS? If you do not, then don’t justify that downloading ROMs is legal if you own the game. The only way to legally obtain a copy for Citra is by dumping the cartridge from a 3DS.

You are not a good moderator my friends. You always jump to conclusion when answering question. “How you know i didn’t have an original 3DS Pokemon Y cartridge? My sister want play it, so i think maybe i can play it on my laptop.” Your answer is bold and rude. You should apologize.

See? You don’t even read what people write and already jump to your “conclusion”. You are the worse forum moderator i ever see. :rofl::rofl:

At no point did we ever warn you for piracy. We gave you a heads up that piracy isn’t allowed, but we never actually gave you a warning. There’s no need to make a big deal about it.

Dumping your own cartridge with someone else’s 3DS is, in fact, legal. However, in order to use a lot of games, you need to dump files from your own 3DS. This is why not having a 3DS is so often associated with piracy.

Is was not about “Warn of piracy” or anything. It is about manner bro. That guy hexagon didn’t showing any respect to the forum member. He didn’t even read my articles, and keep giving me a bold answer.
Example:
My OpenGL didn’t support 3.3 . (He answer: Buy a new PC)
I said if i buy a new pc, why not i just buy another 3DS! (He answer: Not answer… He totally accuse me of piracy matter.)
I again politely tell him that i do own 3DS, just want to play it on my PC so my sister can bring it to school. And again he said boldly word to me.

So whose the jerks here? Does MOD have the rights to talk shit with other member? Is this how Citra handle their forum? #citra-support #citra-news

That’s not a “bold answer”, that’s the truth. Your hardware can’t run Citra. at least not in a playable manner.

Your message directly implied that you didn’t own a 3DS, which as I said, is reason to at least be suspicious. After that, you still never actually said whether you own a 3DS or not. @Hexagon12’s response was warranted because he said that if you don’t have a 3DS, then it’s still piracy to download ROMs.

We’re… not trying to be jerks? I’m not really sure why you’re trying to stir up drama over a miscommunication.

CaptV0rt3xModerator
Your hardware doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. We are sorry, but unfortunately you won’t be able to run Citra on your pc.
This the right way to answer user question

[Hexagon12]
Your integrated graphics are too old for Citra. You need to buy a new laptop to use Citra.
*Is this really the right way for answering user question? You need to “buy” a new laptop to use Citra. Why not i just replace a new graphic card? His word sound like my laptop is some kind of rubbish that needed to recycle for humanity good.

OK, nevermind, let’s us go on.

Hexagon12Moderator

2d

Erik_Teo:

If i need to buy a new laptop for playing 3DS games, why not i directly buy a handheld 3DS?

That’s the point. You were supposed to have a 3DS for Citra. We don’t support piracy here.
What i saying is “if i need to buy a new laptop”, i didn’t mentioned i cannot play with my current 3DS.

Bro, no matter how good your verbalize is, you cannot change a black into white. Wrong is still wrong my friend. You not protecting him, you just spoiling him. He don’t deserve to be a MOD.

7h
You are not a good moderator my friends. You always jump to conclusion when answering question. How you know i didn’t have an original 3DS Pokemon Y cartridge? My sister want play it, so i think maybe i can play it on my laptop. Your answer is bold and rude. You should apologize.

pokemon_y_cartridge_1518436834_c35f516epokemon_y_cartridge_1518436834_c35f516e.jpeg640x640 61 KB

I do give him a chance. But he didn’t even read and again jump to conclusion.

Okay, answer me this: do you actually have a 3DS? If you do not, then don’t justify that downloading ROMs is legal if you own the game. The only way to legally obtain a copy for Citra is by dumping the cartridge from a 3DS.

Getting back on topic, your hardware does not meet Citra’s minimum requirement.

1 Like

He was totally right in saying that. You said “a 3DS”, not “another 3DS”. This implies you didn’t own one previously. While dumping the game from someone else’s 3DS is legal, not having a 3DS is generally associated with piracy, due the reasons already mentioned.

Bro, no matter how good your verbalize is, you cannot change a black into white. Wrong is still wrong my friend. You not protecting him, you just spoiling him.

Nice bro haha