DQ8 worked on old Citra version but not now

Dragon Quest 8 ran normally on an old version of Citra, then I updated to the newest version and it now says a fatal error occured.

Windows 10
Intel Core i5 @ 3.60GHz
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ZOTAC International)
Citra 1742
Dragon Quest 8


citra_log.txt (14.9 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1742   HEAD-67f1e41
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           511.65
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                2
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

For some reason changing the CPU clock speed back to 100% fixed the issue, please ignore/close this topic.