While playing Dragon quest Monsters Joker 3 / Professional i encountered massive stutters during loading screens (where the fps will drop to 0), view changes during cutscenes and walking around in the overworld.
I dont remember it being this bad when i played the original dqmj3 a year ago or two.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1723
- Game: Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 Professional
citra_log.txt (28.0 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1723 HEAD-4817b00
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 461.72
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region 2
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
Enabling Accurate Multiplication fixed nothing
This game hated the core timing change from a while ago. If you want to play it with decent framerate, you’ll need to use this older Citra version:
citra-windows-mingw-20200511-d11d600.7z from Release nightly-1543: Merge pull request #5225 from FearlessTobi/port-3672 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7Zip, then run the citra-qt(.exe) found inside of the extracted nightly-mingw folder.
Gotcha, thank you very much!