Dragon Quest I - Missing/Garbled Text

I’ve been trying to play DQI from the 1-3 collection. I noticed there was some rather jarring green graphical errors under the text in the most recent Mainline release, so I became a patron & downloaded the latest EA build. Now in that one, there’s a whole lot of text missing which makes it unplayable. Was hoping there may be some fix for this.

My specs:

RTX 2060
i7-9750H @2.6GHz

An example of the EA glitch:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (3.3 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1254 HEAD-8818f6f87
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            442.19
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  High

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Install new GPU Driver.
https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/460.89/460.89-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe&lang=us&type=geforcem

Did that, no improvement.yuzu_log.txt (350.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1254 HEAD-8818f6f87
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            460.89
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

With Mainline works.

Yeah, I had that, was just trying to see if there was either a fix for the green stuff under the text in Mainline, or the jumbled text mess of the EA.

That green line doesn’t bother me.

For my own personal solo playthrough, no it wouldn’t. But I was planning to stream the game, hence why I was trying to find a fix.

I think it will bother some off who are watching your stream, but it will be a minority that will bark.
Or search older Yuzu Mainline versions that don’t have any bugs, for Yuzu Early Access I don’t know how you will get them without installer.

Try in docked mode, bottom left corner of yuzu’s window, or press F10.

Tried, no difference.

Then this should be fixed later on with some rendering changes in development.

Mainline 482 and older versions didn’t work.