Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3

Issue:
I’m running Citra Nightly 1543 right now since the current nightly version doesn’t work with Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 whatsoever (constant frame drops and freezes no matter the cpu overclock settings)
Just encountered a fatal error, crashing Citra. Might have something to do with it being an older version, but since the current versions don’t function with it at all, my hands are kinda tied here.

System Information

• Operating System: W10 Pro

• CPU: Ryzen 5600x

• GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1543

• Game: Dragon Quest Monster: Joker 3 Pro

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (535.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1543   HEAD-d11d600
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           516.40
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [ ]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

It appears like you’ve attempted to install an encrypted .cia patch file. Not entirely sure if this has something to do with the crashing though. Please set up a portable Citra build and run just the base game to test this out:

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build, click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user. This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder and run your game.

If the same issue occurs here as well, upload a log file using this portable Citra build.

Hey, I have the same problem, but i have a good computer, i don’t understand why i can play, for example, destiny 2 but i can’t play dragon quest monster joker 3, has no sense. Thank u!

Emulation is not the same as running games that were designed to run on your computer, like Destiny 2.
Comparing them like that isn’t something you can logically do. They’re completely different workloads.

That game in particular didn’t like a change that improved pretty much every other game’s accuracy and performance. So in order to get decent performance in that title, you have to use an older Citra build: Release nightly-1543: Merge pull request #5225 from FearlessTobi/port-3672 · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub

Oh okay, btw, i never used before github, i downloaded the file in the link, but now i extracted it on my desktop, what should i do now? Thank u mate

Run citra-qt.exe from the extracted folder.
It should launch that Citra build (provided that you downloaded the correct build for your operating system).

That file don’t have citra-qt.exe

Bro the problem seems solved, thank u so much!

1 Like