Driver lost connection?

Issue:
Any time I try to open Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Citra Nightly (#880) it begins to play, but then crashes and an error comes up saying “The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue”. Do you know how I can fix this or what I need to change/update to get it to fix? Thank you!!

System Information

• Operating System: Window 8.1 64-bit (6.3 Build 9600)
  • CPU: Intel® Core)TM) i5-4210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 840M
  • Citra Version: Citra Nightly #880
  • Game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (21.5 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

better upload your log for additional crash info.

When I went into the log, what I’ve pasted at the end of my op is all that came up

make sure that Global Log Filter is set to *:Info, also, open your game, as soon as your issue occurs close citra, don’t open again, navigate to the log folder:C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload your log.

probably a dumb question, but how to I make sure the Global Log Filter is set to *:Info? I did everything else the way it told me to but I just don’t know how to look to see what the Global Log Filter is set to.

Never mind I found it lol it wont let me post it though, it says “new users can only put two links in a post”. Is there any other way for me to post it?

edit your comments, drag and drop your citra_log.txt file into it.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

ARB_texture_barrier not supported. Some games might produce artifacts.

idk why would citra report that with your specs, my guess is that you are using a really old gpu driver, download and install the latest driver for your gpu.

Okay I was eventually able to update it and it seems to be working so far now. Thank you !!