Ds4 controller + ds4windows not detected by citra

Issue:

summary (just sums up the points below) : i use ds4windows to connect my dualshock 4 controller to my pc. citra wont pick up my inputs from my controller despite other apps like bluestacks perfectly detecting it just fine.

• even though ds4windows is detected, citra still wont pick up my controllers inputs to create a controller profile. there is no error message it simply doesnt detect controller inputs and times out

• attempted to workaround this using the ds3 windows profile from temporary controller configurations and the ds4 configurations for linux (idk anything about operating system differences i just wanted to see if itd work) both of which didnt work (since ofc neither of these are dedicated to the version and operating system i am using)

• i tested these using omega ruby (which despite its compatibility warning runs just fine [its counterpart alpha sapphire is rated as “okay” whereas omega ruby is “bad” for some reason])

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA geforce gtx 1080 ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra nightly 1770
  • Game: literally any
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): n/a

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

Hmmm, DS4Windows is working fine for my DS4 controller. Do you have something like Steam open? Or anything else that can hijack the controller drivers? Citra is rather sensitive to that. If that isn’t the case, try completely restarting your PC and mapping it again (controller drivers can be weird like that).

If that doesn’t work either, go to File>Open Citra Folder, then open up the config folder and delete the qt-config.ini file found here. Now restart Citra and map your controller again.