Dual Destinies DLC Crash

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
On launch of the DLC, it hangs for a few moments then crashes

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i7-9700
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I apologize, I posted the incorrect log file. The correct log file is here:
citra_log.txt (333.2 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1565 HEAD-2e24183
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            440.97
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Did you dump the DLC with the most recent version of godmode9? Older versions dumped incorrectly.

Service.FS <Error> core/hle/service/fs/file.cpp:Read:76: Reading from out of bounds offset=0x28 length=0xE927B470 file_size=0xc7c000
HW.Memory <Error> core/memory.cpp:WriteBlock:751: unmapped WriteBlock @ 0x00000000 (start address = 0x00000000, size = 13090776) at PC 0x00368924
HW.Memory <Error> core/memory.cpp:WriteBlock:751: unmapped WriteBlock @ 0x00001000 (start address = 0x00000000, size = 13090776) at PC 0x00368924
HW.Memory <Error> core/memory.cpp:WriteBlock:751: unmapped WriteBlock @ 0x00002000 (start address = 0x00000000, size = 13090776) at PC 0x00368924

I also have the same problem with my DD DLC n i use Citra Nightly 1601 so if anyone can help me? The game works but always has a speed drop most of the times but i dont really care about that cuz I found out that it usually happens.But I completed the game so yeah no problem with that.

I’ve been getting pretty decent FPS on the main game using the Canary builds, but still having issues where Costume DLC is completely unavailable and the DLC case still crashes on launch.

Has there been any progress in getting this game’s DLC working?

I finished this DLC without errors.
Just dumped the CIA and decrypted it on my PC.
If interested PM me and I can share it…

You are free to share the method you used, as long it doesn’t involve piracy. You aren’t allowed to share the DLC itself.

Hi dude my Citra keeps crashing when starting the Dual Destinies DLC special episode can u help me out? I dont have a real 3DS. I use Citra. I dont know how to dump DLC

You need a real 3DS to get the DLC. You also at least need access to a real 3DS (like a friend’s) in order to dump the games to play on Citra at all, if you didn’t do that then you committed piracy which is illegal.

But the special episode works for Spirit of Justice. It just keeps crashing when opening dual destinies special episode. is there a way to fix the crash to play the special episode in pc citra

So I’ve managed to get all the DLC working properly in Dual Destinies.

It seems the problem that happens is an incorrectly exported DLC file getting loaded into the system. Try to re-export the DLC again and the costumes and extra case should work properly.