Early Access - "Native" motion controls

Great job with the emulator - Keep up the great work!

I just signed up for the Early Access builds, and installed the latest last night. One thing I’m interested in is the “native” motion controls for Nintendo Pro controllers (and possibly a DS4 controller). After installing, if I look at the motion control settings, it still has all the settings for using an external program such as DS4Windows - and I had zero luck getting that to work previously. When I press the button to configure motion, it says to “Shake”, but does not seem to detect shaking the controller.

Is there something I am missing? I have the
“PowerA Nano Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch” set up using bluetooth to a Windows 10 PC (I have not tested wired, just thought about that as I was typing this).

Any help would be appreciated - Keep up the great work! Thanks!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

We can’t guarantee that third party gamepads will work.
Make sure to connect it with any app disabled, just bluetooth.

Would a Sony DS4 controller fall into the 3rd party category, since we are dealing with a nintendo system? I have one of those that I can also try later tonight.

Joycons, pro controller, ds4 and ds5 are supported without external software. There isn’t any motion configuration for the native support. Just connect it and select it from the drop down list. You should see motion mapped as “SDL motion”

Thanks! I tested with a DS4 controller last night, and everything worked immediately. Looks like I’ll be purchasing an official Switch Pro controller!