Emulating Pokémon OrAS

I just found this website, because I am looking for a way to play Pokemon Omega Ruby again without deleting my actual game on the 3DS, so I am pretty unexperienced here.

1. How do I emulate the game on my smartphone or laptop in general?
  2. Can I delete my progress on the emulator without deleting the game data on the 3DS?

Thanks for answering if you do :slight_smile:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I’m not sure what gave you the idea that if you want to play your game in an emulator, you’d have to delete your original game in the process. This is not true. Dumping your game is basically just copying your original game (either cartridge or installed title) into a format that an emulator can understand. But it’s copying, not deleting. This doesn’t affect your original game file or save data in any way shape or form :slight_smile:

In order to dump your game, you’ll need to first install custom firmware on your 3DS using this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ --> Feel free to join the Nintendo Homebrew Discord server if you need any help with the guide. The guide is very easy and holds your hand through every step, don’t worry.
This guide will also have you install the homebrew apps that are needed to dump your games for use in Citra.
After you’re done with the guide, simply follow our comparatively trivial dumping guides to dump your games:
Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles
Make sure you have enough space on your SD-Card to perform the game dump

Once you’ve dumped your games, Citra is simply plug-and-play. There is no further set-up required other than installing Citra on your device and running your dumped game. You can download Citra’s installer on our website: https://citra-emu.org/download/

As for your second question, Citra has it’s own emulated sd-card folder in which it stores your save files. So save files on Citra and save files on your 3DS have nothing to do with one another. If you want to, you can use a homebrew app called Checkpoint to transfer your save file on your 3DS to Citra and vice versa.

Thank you very much for your reply, it really helps me out.
But right now I am almost through all the steps, but I cannot launch Godmode9 when powering on and holding start (in Section VI at Finalizing setup). Can you help me?

It’s best to ask in the Nintendo Homebrew discord server if you’re having trouble with the guide. They made it and are thus a lot better at answering these questions you have. There should be a link to their server on the first page of the 3DS hacking guide.

1 Like