When you enable the option “Enable hardware shaders” instead of increasing the emulation speed, it drops a lot, going from 25fps to 12fps, even in the emulator saying it would increase the speed.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language
- CPU: Quad-Core AMD A12-9720P 2.70 GHz, Turbo Core 3.60 GHz
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 540 2 GB vram
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1345
- Game: Every game I tried
- Screenshot of Issue:
citra_log.txt (9.3 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 1345 HEAD-c8ff1da
OpenGL Vendor null
OpenGL Renderer null
OpenGL Version null
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders [ ]
Enable Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
The AMD OpenGL drivers are inefficient/buggy. these sort of performance issues are to be expected.