Entire computer freezes on Pokemon Ultra Sun during the intro

Issue:
When you first boot up the game, you get the feed of the professor talking to you, and you get all that normal talk you get when you first boot up the game. However, exactly when he tells his pokemon that he’ll play with them later, the game crashes. This is followed a couple seconds later by the entire computer freezing. No sound is played, you can’t move the mouse, the only option is to shut off the computer and turn it back on.

System Information
Operating System: Windows 10
CPU(I have no idea where you can view this for sure but I’m taking a guess): Intel® Core™ i5-8250 1.60GHz
GPU: I got nothing on this one. If someone can help with this too, that’ll be great
Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly #824
Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): N/A

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (12.1 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Update your gpu driver, additionally disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ if you have graphical issues.

I don’t think it’s a gpu driver problem, his gpu is basically the same as mine and I’ve never suffered from a problem like that, nor any problems with the hardware shader. I’d say it’s a rom problem, the log says it’s a different type than it’s extension, perhaps it’s corrupted. tguy4001 you should get your rom again.

Alright so just for an update, Pokemon Ultra Moon has this exact problem, except I imported a save by Route 4, and everything seems to work fine after disabling the Hardware Shader. Based on this, IMO it’s not the rom. Though I’m very inexperienced with this, so if anyone has stuff to add, that would be great.

Your GPU is Intel® UHD Graphics 620, as said by the log file, so you can update your specs to state so

Interesting that this issue is still around. Other reports of this happening:

Huh. Usually with these crashes, Citra will exit, and you should be able to continue using your computer.

Although the topics I linked above do seem to indicate that this is a GPU related issue, if you have the latest GPU drivers, and the latest version of Citra, a bad ROM does seem pretty likely.

1 Like