(error 9) video core issue?

2019-01-19T08:42:00Z

issue
i haven’t been able to use citra even once, since i always get this message. if its an issue of my laptop not having the latest graphics drivers, please enlighten me. i’m big into emulation but i’ve never shown interest in newer games until recently so i didn’t know that my video card wasn’t up to par… :^(

system information

• operating system: windows 10
  • CPU: intel® core™ i5 cpu - m 520 - @ 2.40ghz
  • GPU: intel® hd graphics
  • citra version: citra nightly #781
  • game: tomodachi life (0958 - Tomodachi Life (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) Decrypted)
  • screenshot of issue:

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (864 Bytes)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• You are running default Windows drivers for your GPU. You need to install the proper drivers for your graphics card from the manufacturer’s website.

i know that this is a bot, but how/where can i do that…? i’m lost,

Hi haveaboy I hope this help. You can find the driver for you iGPU here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97497/Graphics-for-Previous-Generation-Intel-Processors just make sure that you choose the proper build for your operating system. Also the iGPU which your computer have only supports OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 10.1 and Citra requires OpenGL 3.3 to run. Also you might want to try the latest nightly version which is Citra Nightly 1174.