Error connecting to room - unable to connect to the host

Issue:
I’m trying to create a room and connect to it by using the public rooms on 2 instances of Citra in my PC.
After creating the room I attempt to connect to it using the other instance of Citra and it shows a message saying:
“Unable to connect to the host. Verify that the connection settings are correct. If you still cannot connect, contact the room host and verify that the host is properly configured with the external port forwared”.

I’ve forwarded the port and also tried putting my PC on DMZ with the same results. I’m at a loss here, what else can I do after trying a DMZ?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: i5 4690
  • GPU: Nvidia 1080 ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): both nightly and canary latest versions as of today
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): https://imgur.com/QSJ2DJu

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

It is probably because of Windows firewall, Just follow the steps and find which is version is yours or go try it your self here is the link (it will allow a rule to somewhat by pass the firewall and it will allow you to be seen by other devices or some sort)
(Make sure to do it on both devices because the other device that you haven’t configure cannot receive pings)(In short do it on both devices)Enjoy:3 Again not a bot : )

do you know how to do this on a mac

2 Likes

Were you ever able to solve this?

actually yes, but I will need to know your exact problem

if its just the error that’s the problem then try and make a room on one computer, then try and connect to that room on the other computer using ‘direct connect to room’ under multiplayer on the tool bar (Mac).
if that doesn’t work than try and make a different room on the other computer then try and connect on the original computer.
if you are working both citrus on the same computer than I’m afraid I can’t help you

I have the dame ploblem in my Android. Can You help me?

The official Citra Android app does not have multiplayer support yet. Please refrain from asking for support with it on the official forums. Direct such support requests to the relevant unofficial build author or support.

1 Like

not working broooo :frowning: