Etrian Oddysey V - Freezing

The game is freezing the frame will drop to 0, then after a minute or two the game will work again then after a few minute same thing it will freeze again.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU: Intel I3 - 3240
  • GPU: - removed
  • Citra Version - Nightly - cf9bfe0
  • Game: Etrian Oddysey V - Beyond the Myth

Log file:
citra_log.txt (60.4 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’m new to all this but it looks like the game might be having issues with something that running as admin might be able to fix. but until a moderator comes I will try to figure it out.

thanks, tried running citra as an admin but same thing, frame will drop to 0 occasionally and citra won’t respond but in a minute or two it will go back.

Does this happen when playing other games?

nope ultra moon been running at full speed same with alpha sapphire, persona q, rune factory 4 etc, only this one.

the game itself is running great, 100/100 speed will drop to 90 sometimes but the problem is citra will stop responding occasionally while running thegame.

Well, I will get the game and try and see if I get similar issues. If I get them too maybe I can help fix them.

If it helps, from the game compatibility page:

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth works well in Citra. During cutscenes or battles with monsters with particularly heavy effects there can be noticeable slowdown. During regular mapping, adventuring, and most combat, the game runs smoothly.

Don’t run Citra as admin. It won’t give you any performance boosts, if anything it’s less secure.

I told him to run it as admin because the txt file was saying it was having an error saving.