Citra was working a few days ago, but I updated my graphics card driver and Citra. Now, every time I try to launch a game, it crashes with no message while loading shaders. I tried to install an older version of Citra, but it didn’t change anything.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- CPU: Intel Core i7 - 2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- GPU: Radeon RX 480 Graphics
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1773
- Game: Pokémon Y (And every game I tested)
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt.old.txt (5.0 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1773 HEAD-353aaaf
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz | AVX
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
GPU Driver Version 184.108.40.206725
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
Is there any way to optimize it better? Is that what’s crashing Citra?
Download Citra Canary, with “Adrenalin 22.7.1” drivers citra nightlin doesn’t work.