Export/Migrate saved files from mac to windows

Issue:
Hi there.

I’m currently playing games on a mac, but they are so slow that I’m considering start playing on another pc, however, this one has windows as an operating system.
Is it possible to use the saved game files from mac on pc?

If it is, could you please explain to me how? I already tried some basic things that didn’t work, and I pretty new on this whole experience with Citra and 3ds games :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yes, copy sdmc folder from ~/.local/share/citra-emu/ and put it on a flash drive. Then on the Windows computer copy it to %appdata%\Citra (you can also access it if you start Citra then go File -> Open Citra Folder).

Close Citra before you copy it over.

Hi Tywald,

thank you for your response! :slight_smile:

I already tried that and didn´t work. Is there any other way? :slight_smile:

Here is a print screen and my log:

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

That is a save state right? You should save normally in game on your mac then when you copy over to the Windows computer load normally inside the game.

Save states are not a replacement for normal saves, you still need to save normally every now and then.

Yes, it worked! :slight_smile:

I saved normally inside the game, as you said, and when I copied the files again and started the game, it appeared the saved game! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

1 Like