Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel i7-3630QM
- GPU: Nvidia GEforce GTX 660M
- Citra Version (found in title bar): 1564
- Game: Alpha saphire
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296citra_log.txt (4.4 KB)
I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.
It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra before uploading the log. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first, then start the game and when Citra closes, immediately upload a new log here.
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1564 HEAD-16913fe
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer GeForce GTX 660M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 388.73
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- The ROM you are attempting to run is corrupted. Look here for instructions on how to properly dump ROMs from your 3DS. https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-installed-titles/