Fatal error MHXX

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Fatal error playing MHxx
I cant play MHXX // Canary 1037
Help for how to check the log
Citra Getting Fatal Error
fatal error solution

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Go to Emulation > Configure > General and change Region to “Auto-select”.

the error still persists

Unplug your controller before launching citra and any game. also set the framerate limit to 100%.
Did this problem occur on previous builds?

Monster Hunter XX - Double Cross (English Patched v4) Decrypted.3ds

v4 is broken, try redump the game from your 3DS without any patches and see if it still works. Then apply the newer v5 patch by installing it as a .cia
Avoid prepatching the game, just leave the original game as is.

same issue after updating to 1092, here are my logscitra_log.txt (20.2 KB)

mhxx english patch v4 worked perfectly before 1092 with no issues at all

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

download 1090 build and use that for the time being

Well there has been changes to memory: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4392

Are you using a “clean” rom? You need to test again using one, I don’t have the issue on my end.

Are you able to play it on your 3DS? Please double check because if you are not able to then most likely it won’t be fixed due to this:

wwylele commented
To those who use english patch and experienced the issue, does the patch you used work on 3DS? If not, I would simply not care about these patches.

English patch works for me:

But it’s a newer kind.

It might be the case like with DLC where we have told people to redump since the old version of godmode9 did it wrong and since you have this old version of the game you should try dumping it again. It works for me so it should work for you too :slight_smile: