Fire Emblem Awakening takes longer and longer to load, finally freezes

Issue:
Fire Emblem Awakening initially took only about 10 seconds to load, but with each additional load, it took longer and longer. Notably, the “Loading Shaders” number kept increasing each time. I first noticed it when it was about 3000 shaders, then it went to 4000, then 6000, then 7000, then 9000, then 11000. Each time it took longer and longer to load, literally taking five minutes from me loading the file to it starting up. I noticed it was taking more and more memory while in use as well. Now it simply freezes before hitting the Loading Shaders display (it just says Loading), and freezes my entire computer as well, so that I have to unplug and restart my computer.

I should note that I’ve played Fire Emblem on Citra before, a couple years ago, and had no issues, albeit that was without the DLC, so I don’t know if that would make a difference.

I also don’t have any issues with any other game. Fire Emblem Echoes just takes about ten seconds to load, every time.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical processors
  • GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1584
  • Game: Fire Emblem Awakening, including DLC

citra_log.txt (6.4 KB)

EDIT: Figured out how to attach the log without overwriting it, aka navigate to the log file without opening Citra to do it.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1584 HEAD-910cc9e
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Update: Attached the log.

I turned on Accurate Multiplication. Same problem, my computer freezes when I load the game.

Delete the shaders folder at %appdata%/Citra/user/, keep Accurate Multiplication enabled.

That worked! It loads in literally 2 seconds! Thank you!