Fire Emblem Echoes Does not work

Issue:
Citra not responding when I try to open game. Tried opening game from other folder, still doesn’t work.
System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU: i7 8750h
  • GPU: 1060 6gb Max-Q
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1174
  • Game: FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (7.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I fixed the problem, it was GDB Stub but also when I go into the game it’s really laggy and I don’t think I should be having this framerate
citra_log.txt (23.9 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

I tried with another custom build and the performance is much more playable, at 67%

You are using DSPLLE, which runs very slowly right now, but apparently it needs this to even boot… does it work after a save game with HLE?

I don’t know what either of those are… can you link me to a save game with HLE?

its a citra setting, more specifically an audio emulation implementation, you can change that on Emulation > Configure > System > Audio > Emulation.
you have three options, HLE is the fastest one, but some games require LLE to work, FE:E may be one of them… LLE multi-core is faster then LLE. try running with HLE first, if it crashes try playing with LLE multi-core until you are able to create a save game, then try to launch the game again with HLE.

thank you so much, switching to hle fixed my game

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• This game requires an audio engine that is not yet implemented in Citra.
  • Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

@bio3c FE:E only needs pipe3 aac. So it’s not necessary to run on LLE.

1 Like