Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Severe FPS Drop

Issue:
While trying to play Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, I experience sustained lag and drops in fps during combat scenes and simple dialogue exchanges. Oddly enough, the pre-rendered cinematic cutscenes run perfectly.

I have tinkered with various settings as suggested by other users who have asked about this issue, but nothing has worked. In addition, Fire Emblem Awakening runs almost flawlessly on the same system, and I can’t imagine the computing demand is somehow that much more taxing for Fates.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS Big Sur 11.6.3

• CPU: Quad-Core Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz

• GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530/AMD Radeon Pro 450

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1752

• Game: Fire Emblem Fates - Birthright
    citra_log.txt (959.1 KB)

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1752   HEAD-bae1c31
Operating System                             macOS 11.6
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                            AMD Radeon Pro 450 OpenGL Engine
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [ ]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

Try re-enabling Hardware Shaders. This option decreases or increases performance depending on the title when you’re using an AMD GPU. So this game might be one of those that doesn’t like it being off.

Nope, that definitely made it worse. I did reset my CPU clock back to 100% and that seemed to help a bit, but it still slows down at seemingly random times.

Is there a general consensus of why Fates seems to have this problem more often than Awakening?

Yeah I am having the same issue, The FPS drop a lot during battle and the cutscense the game actually crashes, and jus random fps drops during dialogue, in and out of combat.
Edit: The Game is not even loading anymore it jus crashes now showing the begining movie sequence and then crashes when I try to navigate the main menu

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

hello? is there any fix for this?

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.