Fire Emblem Fates "Loading Extra data..." for hours

Issue:
I launched Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition EU emulation, and first thing to appear is “Loading Extra Data…” I closed Citra once and relaunched it as after 20min it didn’t work, and now I’m going crazy because I’ve been hearing the loading sound for an hour (or two). (I just closed it and rerunned citra as an administrator cause I thought this was the problem reading the log, and it wasn’t)

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U @ 2.50Ghz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M350
  • Citra Version: Citra Canary 1148
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition (EU and with a DLC cia installed)
  • Screenshot of Issue:

citra_log.txt (36.6 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

I deleted some useless installed CIA files and installed the latest Canary update and it works now

Excuse me, sorry for sounding very inconvenient but how do we delete the CIA files?

they’re stored on the virtual sd card, same as any update or dlc normally is. right click a game on your game list and open update location, or open extra data location, depending on the circumstances.

Well , i have the same thing… but i dont understand how to fix it

2 Likes

When I go to extra data and open update the files I see are boss, icon, metadata, and user, but none of these are cia files

.cia is a format that contains the files the game needs to install. You won’t see that after it’s been installed, youll see the actual files and content it installed.

tengo el mismo problema pero no se como arreglarlo, cuando le digo abrir ubicacion de la actualizacion me dice ´la carpeta no existe´, que hago?