Fire Emblem Fates SE New Game Crash

Issue:
After selecting my difficulty, it crashes before loading the character creation screen

System Information

• Operating System: MacOs Catalina Version 10.15.6
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1830
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition

Notes

• Not sure how to upload CPU and GPU

• It also launches on a white screen because I have to delete the shaders file for it to run. However, after running the Pica vertex shader.

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (59.5 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra before uploading the log. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first before closing Citra then immediately upload a new log.

let’s try this again, then!

citra_log.txt (59.5 KB)

How about this one then?

citra_log.txt (59.5 KB)

Makes me the same thing; lets me set the difficulty and the mode but then its just black screen and closes, without any pop-up or window of any kind

Hm, you have some file errors in your log. Try delete those files that the log mentions.

I know it says “not found” but just in case.

I looked and it’s not there. Could I have dumped it incorrectly?

I got my copy of Fates SE to go past the difficultly selection screen by downloading an older version of Citra (this one: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392 ) I downloaded the one that ended in .7z instead of the one that ended in tar.gz. Hopes this helps!!

It’s work with older ver?

Yeah, I got it to work by downloading the version of citra that I linked in the post above. The only problem is that the game crashes when you do a Private Quarters cutscene, but that’s not necessary to do in order to get an S-rank so I just live with it.