Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition Fatal Error

Issue:
I was able to play Fates fine 2 days ago until yesterday when I received an update for Citra Nightly 1065. Whenever I try to start up Fates my screen goes black and I instantly get an error message,

“A fatal error has occurred. Check the Log for details. Continuing emulation may result in crashes and bugs.”

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
  • Citra Nightly: 1065
  • Game: Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

Open citra, launch the game, when this message appears click on continue, it may crash or freeze, close citra afterwards, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload the citra_log.txt again.

Ah ok! Here is the newly updated Log file

citra_log.txt (5.1 KB)

Try changing your system region to ‘Auto-Select’ on Emulation > Configure > General.

Nu uh, it still does the same thing even when I changed the system region to ‘Auto-Select’

Download the previous nightly build or the one after that, or the next, etc. see if the older versions work.

Ok, so even when I get to using an older version. The same issue persists. However the Log file has alot more information now. I am using Citra Nightly 1056. Here is the newest Log file update for it.

citra_log.txt (17.9 KB)

EDIT 1: I never had any issue with the builds since… I think 800? Maybe even further back to 600. I am not quite sure. But definitely remember 800.
EDIT: 2:Although I started playing Fates since version 900ish and up till now everything was fine for that game.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Did you install any mod, update or DLC?

Any mods? No I haven’t installed anything besides the base game. Although I did plan on installing the DLC and a mod that adds unrecruitable characters to my army. But that’s kinda irrelevant since I didn’t install anything besides just the game itself. As for updates, the only updates I got was from Citra itself to update the emulator itself. Which is when I couldn’t play it anymore. None of my other games have that issue. Just Fates.

there is an error: Unexpected file or directory in C:\Users\metal\AppData\Roaming/Citra/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040000/00179800/data/00000001/AddonData

try moving that AddonData folder elsewhere. if that doesn’t work move the entire save folder 00179800.

2 Likes

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH BIO! You’re the best! Although… Why was the addon folder there? I didn’t place it there? It just kinda appeared there.

it beats me tbh…

Well then! Consider the case of the mysterious Fatal Error… Solved!