Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition not starting up past selecting game mode

Issue:
Upon launching the game there is a slight issue with the visual loading which can be solved by launching the game with the graphics debugger open, and then closing it once the game loads. However, the game works fine until you go to select the mode you want to play, that being Phoenix, Casual, or Classic. The moment you click any one of these options, Citra crashes.

System Information

• Computer: I am running this on a 2014 MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina version 10.15.7, it has a 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 for memory.
  • Citra Version: latest Nightly version (as of 28th of October 2020).
  • Game: Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition
  • Screenshot of Issue: unable to supply as the game simply crashes the moment a new game starts up.

Diagnostic Log
I am on Mac and the instructions on how to access the log on the website do not work for my os. I cannot find the log.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

As I explained, your guide doesn’t work for my Mac. I cannot access the log file from the Emulation tab like in Windows.

File > Preferences > General > Debug > Open Log Location

or

It’s Citra>Preferences to the the configuration menu on Mac

Oh well I got that from the first sentence in the guide, it should be updated.

I have since downloaded another version of Citra where I don’t run into the problem anymore. Instead, now I can’t invite characters into my personal quarters. Still, better than nothing.

Yea that post is from 2017 if I remember correctly.