Fire Emblem Three Houses crash at chapter 1

Hello! I have a constant crash right before the mock battle at chapter 1. Right after a loading screen the screen goes black and I can only hear music before it crashes. I have the DLC’s, update 1.2 and 60FPS patch installed, but I’ve unmarked them and the crash still happens. Here’s the log file: yuzu_log.txt (3.0 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 366             . HEAD-mainline-636-3318-g4f8c3584e
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad-Core Processor            | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            452.06
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is quite unstable on Nvidia GPUs, you would get a far better experience with an Intel or AMD GPU in this particular game.
A way to solve these hard crashes is to get yuzu 41 and yuzu 66 from here: https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline/releases

Then follow these instructions bellow:

Download the old yuzu version, extract it into a folder. Create a folder called user in the folder with the yuzu.exe. This user folder does now hold everything that would usually be in %appdata%\yuzu\ so you need to place a keys folder in there and copy your keys in there. It is an entirely separate installation so your installed updates, saves, etc from the other install are not present. You’ll have to install the update and dlc etc. there as well and make all your configuration settings such as setting up your controls. Then copy your save over and then start the game … do your thing and then copy the save back to your other install once you’re done.

Thanks you, I’ll try this one out

1 Like