Fire Emblem Three houses crash (battle preparation)

Issue:
Issue started with yuzu version 594, I noticed the problem after trying to load a save made with the previus early access version.

Yuzu crash and close when entering into battle preparation screen. It happen after you select a free battle (it happens only with the type of battle which do not spend points) in my case it’s “expedition to the kingdom” (I’m not sure if the name it’s acurate, I have the game in spanish).

Like I said the crash happen when you try to enter battle preparation, it has nothing to do with saving or loading. I tried to load a previus save and then entering the preparation screen making a save (the game offers you to save when entering that screen) and refusing to save, resulting both in a crash.

System Information

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(version 18363.836)
CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X @ 3.60GHz Skylake-X 14nm Technology
GPU: 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA)
Yuzu Version (found in title bar): 594
Game: Fire Emblem Three Houses
Diagnostic Log:
Log_fire_emblem_3_houses_battle_preparation_screen.txt (2.2 MB)

Edit (“Workaround” founded):

I have tried with vulkan, it works, so the new early access version (594) changed something in opengl that causes the crash.

edit 2:

I found what option causes the issue with opengl. The option “assembly shaders” added the other day. The 594 version has something changed in it or in something that use that, which causes de crash.

1 Like

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 594 HEAD-51882c7eb
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  boxcat
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You have Boxcat (BCAT) enabled. Some games might not work when this is enabled. Please disable and try again if you are experiencing issues with games.

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 594 HEAD-51882c7eb
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz

• You have Boxcat (BCAT) enabled. Some games might not work when this is enabled. Please disable and try again if you are experiencing issues with games.

Noted, I’ll report it to the devs.

Thanks.

I finished the battle before going to sleep, and now after opening yuzu new data were downloaded.

I have replicated the crash, it still happen with “expedition to the kingdom” but after finishing that battle if you go for the next “free” battle it works without crashing. So something in the game when entering the battle preparation screen of that battle (“expedition to the kingdom”) happens to have a conflict with changes made to the assembly shaders or something related to it while others don’t.

By the way, have anyone reported a crash happening when finishing a “free” battle with multicore activated? it has been happening since I tried Yuzu EA with multicore so it could be reported already, a workaround its to make a bookmark before making your victory move, stop the emulation, deactivate multicore, reanudate the battle with the bookmark and then win the battle, save, stop again, enable multicore and load the save after battle.

FE3H still does some weird things in shaders, we have to improve it from our end.