Fix Pokemon X and Y

Okay so i have tested pokemon Y(Its the only version i have)with every build of Citra and its becoming very tedious so could please just fix it already?

citra is an open source project, you are free to fix it yourself

Citra is an open source project, which means that anyone and everyone has the chance to contribute. The almost 100 contributors that have worked on Citra during its lifetime have done an amazing job getting Citra to where it is now. A large quantity of games run well, and an even larger quantity boot.

Pokemon X and Y just so happen to be two games that boot, but are riddled with issues. We understand that a large portion of our user base enjoys, and almost solely plays, the Pokemon series. However, this has absolutely no affect on how our entirely volunteer based contributors decide to contribute. If it was an easy fix, someone would have done it by now. But since it’s not as simple as:

if game == "pokemon":
    noCrash = True

It hasn’t been fixed yet. That’s not to say that people haven’t tried, but that is the nature of emulation. Even Dolphin, a 14+ year old emulator still has issues in various games. Citra is only 3 years old and can boot major titles! It was even able to boot, and emulate in a playable state, Pokemon Sun/Moon on release date! Now that’s impressive.

If you wish to see your favorite game become playable, the best thing you can do is wait. Or better yet, spend some time studying how emulators are designed and programmed, and then begin the process of becoming familiar with our code base. We’d be happy to have new contributors, and always feel free to ask any questions you might have on IRC/Discord :smiley:

6 Likes

hi, sorry how i can download pokemon sun?

Citra requires you to dump your cartridges/installed titles from your 3DS. Please refer to our
Game Dumping Guides:`

Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles