Force OpenGL3.3 on Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Windows)

@Pro_PlaysXYZ
Did you download from the releases section or the master? If you’ve downloaded the mingw release it should be in the 7z.

I´m also having problems with the newest version of Mesa ( 20.1.7 ). Do I have to download all the assets? If not, which ones do I have to download? Also, after downloading the files what is the name of the .exe I have to run before running perappdeploy.exe?

Thanks in advance man.

@Kevin_Arturo_Urrutia
I just download the release-mingw.7z and also you should just be able to run perappdeploy.cmd without doing anything first, or at least I’ve never had to(by the way it’s a .cmd, not a .exe).

I’ve been using mesa3d for a while now and all the instructions work for the latest versions as well, or as far as I’ve seen.

can you please give me a tutorial for how to it now .because the one given above are too complicated.

Thank you for the clarification. I can finally run Citra, however, I just used the Mesa driver without changing the open.dll thing. But, I still have some trouble. I´m trying to run Shin Megami Tensei 4 but it freezes shortly after starting. My pc is an Intel Latitude, Windows 10, intel core i7 and intel(HD) graphics 3000.

@Kevin_Arturo_Urrutia
Yeah, I forgot to mention you don’t need to change the dll. In terms of the error, I unfortunately can’t help you, simply because I don’t actually know how to deal with them(I am by far no code expert). I’ll try the game on my end and see if I can replicate it. By the way, are you using the usa version?
Tip: You should make a separate topic for it as well. Don’t worry, using mesa3d shouldn’t make a difference in them diagnosing the problem.

The link below has a picture step-by-step tutorial. I hope this helps.
https://imgur.com/a/TtkSjC0

I did everything correctly but it says the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). I think it is because of new citra or mesa version.

Possibly. I’ve never encountered that error before. I just use the latest citra and mesa builds.

I have an Intel HD 4000, I wonder if there is a way to make the mesa drivers work on windows and benefit from the better performance in citra.

Out of curiosity I tried to apply the method described here and it results in an error message saying vulkan-1.dll is missing.

Recently I checked out citra on Linux and noticed a big performance boost of almost 2x compared to windows (game tested was Mario Kart 7). On Windows, the Intel HD 4000 has only opengl 4.0 support while on Linux it’s 4.2+ aswell as vulkan 1.0 (according to this table).

Thanks for this. Do you have the issues I mention at Triangle flickering and outlines of hidden graphics - #4 by JohelEGP on Linux?

i am not seeing the option to choose the version of osmesa off-scredd rendering

please help me fix this error, i didnt get the “updated softpipe and llvmpipe”

Issue: i do everything step by step, forcing opengl3.3 on my windows with latest MESA, but i didn’t get the “updated softpipe and llvmpipe”, i saw sb said it means that my emulator hasn’t linked with the driver, pls help
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, build 7601)
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD graphics 3000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): latest
  • Game: pokemon alpha shapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

This might just be a guess, but I think this workaround only works on Windows 10.

It shouldn’t. I was using it on Win 7 Ultimate as well and it was working.

You should input the name of the executable, that might help you.

Everyone, I recently got a Geforce GT 710 so I’m not using mesa3d anymore. I’ll try and help you from what knowledge I have, but I can’t guarantee absolute answers.

---------------------------- Great tutorial. -------------------------