FPS spike on specific screens of Pokemon OS and on a specific CPU model

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

I went through the FAQ trying to find an official “bug/issue performance report” but I couldn’t find it so here it is.

I am using the same 3ds dump in two different computers, same Citra version too. In my first computer (Windows 7 64 bits) with an Intel 6600K CPU and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU, the game runs fine. But in the second computer, a laptop, huge FPS drops are suffered in two very specific screens:

• Pokemon contest information (the one showing the contest attributes of your pokemons as well as the moves, their appealing, etc…)
  • The screen to make and assign Pokeblocks.

If you spend too much time in either of these screens (well I actually I tempted luck in just one occasion) the computer shuts down and restarts.

I just find it weird that this only happens in these two screens and both are related to contests, maybe just a coincidence, maybe not?

I hope you find this report useful. And of course, if any of you know of any fixes, please let me know.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 bits
  • CPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265
  • GPU: Intel i7 4500U
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 799
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Monitor your cpu/gpu temperatures. does changing your power options to ‘High Performance’ reduces lag? also open the game, reproduce your issue and upload your log after that.