Friend can't connect to my room

Issue:
I already did the port forward thing, made a lot of rules in to let citra use the port, my friend who I want to play made them too, I checked a lot of topics and tried things and still my friend can’t connect, I just want to made one 'cause if we use public rooms we disconnect after a while, but I’m starting to think this is too much complicated.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bits
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
  • GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • Citra Version: 1708
  • Game: Any

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

If you think you are behind a NAT, you can use like Hamachi or something and host unlisted then invite those you want to play with into your Hamachi network. They can then direct connect to room using your virtual IP (your IP address on Hamachi).

We tried that too, however it didn’t worked neither, I would really appreciate if I can get help to either made a public room or use Hamachi, thanks in advance.

For hosting public rooms it is simply about port forwarding correctly but if you are behind a NAT it might not be possible. You might need to buy a new router for that or change ISP.

Hamachi should work for anyone though, double check that you have everything configured correctly, invited the players into your Hamachi network (you need to see them in the Hamachi program) and that they use the correct IP when you host unlisted. You can also let them host unlisted instead and use their Hamachi IP.

It is out of scope for Citra support so we can’t go in-depth how it works. I last time used Hamachi myself like 5-6 years ago with PPSSPP so I only remember a little bit.

Oh I see, thanks I’m just last question if it isn’t much inconvenient, for Hamachi I need to give permissions to the firewall too or another thing similar, if you don’t know it’s fine, at least I confirmed it’s possible. In any case thank you very much.