Friends cannot join my room

Issue:
my friends cannot join the room i created. they always got the “unable to connect to the host” error message when they try to join my room.
i have verified my token & tried port forwarding to 24872, but still didn’t work. i have no idea what i did wrong.

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10 Pro x64
  • CPU: FX 8320
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): HEAD-155bb24
  • Game: Monster Hunter Generations
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): title

Log:

[ 0.000000] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:CheckForUpdates:524: Update check started
    [ 2.473393] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:OnUpdateFound:537: No updates found
    [ 7.099767] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:OnNetworkStateChanged:934: network state change
    [ 7.109032] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:operator():1154: Destroying host room
    [ 7.200440] Frontend citra_qt/main.cpp:OnNetworkStateChanged:934: network state change
    [ 7.200960] Network citra_qt/multiplayer/client_room.cpp:OnStateChange:58: State: Joined

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

Doesn’t this mean that this room gets destroyed before anyone joins?

Are you closing the room window after you host it? That’s where the error is coming from. Don’t close the room window.

EDIT:
I’m wrong here. Scroll down and read @CodingKoopa’s answer.

as soon as i create the room, this ““citra_qt/main.cpp:operator():1154: Destroying host room”” line always appear on the log, even if i leave the room window open.

Linked this to the development IRC channel, this is what @jroweboy said:

no that log is misleading it’s talking about destroying the window. They have some other issue like port forwarding or firewall or any other problem
(aka when the window closes it prints that log. I added that to help me debug some issues with hosting, closing, and then hosting again. It’s fixed locally)

1 Like

I just found out that my isp does not allow port forwarding, so anything i did on the router setting is useless.

Is there any other way to create a room without port forwarding?
Upnp? Dmz?

For now, only port forwarding works.