I made a previous post here where I was trying to get Citra to work on my M1 mac and was able to do all the homebrew steps thanks to the post that was linked to me by the other commenter. However, after trying to load the game in this “updated” version, it continues to crash. I actually have no clue anymore…
Below is the new log after doing the whole homebrew stuff, the version I used was Nightly 1708 since I don’t recall it being listed on the new logs
citra_log.txt (14.7 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version master-842031a2e
Operating System macOS 11.4
Graphics API OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer Apple M1
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.
Since it’s not an official release, we can’t provide support for it. Even if we wanted to, we can’t. None of us have M1 Macs. So we can’t actually test out the build. I’m afraid you’re on your own in figuring out most of it. Try messing with the settings (Citra>Preferences) and see if there’s something that allows you to launch your games.
I’d start with disabling the Disk Shader Cache first as that often has issues on MacOS, regardless of the chipset you’re using (Citra>Preferences>Graphics>Advanced Tab).
If that doesn’t work, then you’ll have to turn settings on and off and see what makes it tick.