Hello, I’ve been encountering an issue while trying to play a game on Citra Nightly. I have decrypted the files and I have done anything possible to load the games. However whenever I try to run the game it freezes on the beginning with a phrase saying: “the game is preparing to load, and additional data is being created”
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5 10600K @ 4.10GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
- Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1759
- Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
- Screenshot of Issue:
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt.old.txt (16.0 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1759 HEAD-3df43f9
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 456.71
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Official Drivers | NVIDIA
updated the driver fully btw.
Please try running Citra as an administrator → Right click on Citra’s shortcut or citra-qt(.exe) and select
Run as administrator. See if the issue remains.