Game(Pkm Ultra moon v1.2) visual crashes but audio keeps running normally

Issue:
The game(Ultra moon v1.2) loads and plays normally for the first 5 minutes. Then it always crashes. The citra app itself doesn’t crash, but the game visual gets stuck in a looping(few repetitive frames) glitch sometimes accompanied by colour/texture glitching as well. But the controls seem to respond and also the audio keeps playing normally and responds to the controls as well.
For example, each button press respond with the appropriate audio output. Its like playing the game blind, only from sound and previous visual state. But i cannot keep track of where the game visual is at, in my mind for more than a few moves just by the audio, lmao. Believe me, i tried. As per the attached screenshot, the visual got stuck at repetitive loop of ‘… grew drowsy’ text.

System Information

• Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz × 4
  • GPU: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 520 (SKL GT2)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1919
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Moon v1.2
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log Log files were more than 4MB in size, hence shared a dropbox link for them.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

I have uploaded the log file to dropbox and shared the link since the logs files were larger than 4MB.

Please update to the latest Nightly build, and see if the issue persists. If it does, upload a new log file.

Updated to citra nightly 1929, still facing the same exact issue. Is there anything else i can do?

fresh log file: Dropbox - citra_log.txt - Simplify your life

It used to work pretty smoothly about mid december 2022. It was running under pretty much the same system and configs, except that the OS was Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and whatever citra nightly build was the latest back then.
Any update? @SleepingSnake anything else i can do from my side? I’d really like to be able to play for more than 5 minutes at a time and without having to save every 30 seconds.

Can you try disabling scale force texture filter, if it’s enabled?

ayuda por favor a mi no me sale la opcion para poder poner los cheats en ningun juego

Text filter is set as none for me.

Hm since it used to work can you find the first citra build that broke the game for you?

Hmm, not sure which citra build it was. It was around mid-december 2022.
But more importantly, i had newly installed my OS to Ubuntu 20.04 from 16.04. Only after this, the issue(since new year 2023) with citra came about. The old OS broke, as i messed with stuff i shouldn’t have. Anyway, i did a fresh install of new OS and there’s no problems with it. Except, i can’t get citra working like before.
Also, there’s no way i am downgrading my OS to try and get citra working. I dont even think that would fix it.