Game slower and more laggy when playing online (Triforce Heroes)

Hello all, I have just setup Zelda Triforce Heroes to play with my friends, I am hosting the room where us 3 play. When I play offline the game runs at a perfect 60 fps, but as soon as all three of us connect online, the game becomes quite laggy and choppy.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10
  • CPU: Core 15-6300HQ
  • GPU: Nvidia 960M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1554
  • Game: Zelda Triforce Heroes

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Follow the bot’s link to upload a log please.

citra_log.txt (172.3 KB)

Here is the log!

Thanks for any help!

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1554 HEAD-7625306
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            445.87
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Wow, i’m amazed by the fast response. I have just enabled this and it actually makes the game a lot slower even when in single player.

The thing is that the lag only happens when I play online with my two friends? When we play individually on our separate machines the game runs perfectly so I wonder if it something to do with the multiplayer settings?

I am the one hosting the room and my upload speed is ~10Mbps per second, so I think generally pretty fast, if that’s a factor?

Over a few weeks of playing this game together we realised that the issue was to do with one of the three players having a slow machine. Her frame rate was much lower than that of my machine and the other friend. When she upgraded to a faster machine and we were all hitting 60 FPS then the problem was gone.

1 Like