Game stuck on black screen 0 FPS

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Attempting to launch a game but fps stays at 0 FPS while speed is at 100%

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9300H 2.40 GHz
  • GPU: NVidia geforce RTX 2060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1697
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (53.1 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1697 HEAD-b3cab3c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            466.11
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Nothing is jumping out at me. Try turning off Hardware Renderer Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab. Let me know if it loads at all or not.

Nope that did nothing, the only issues on my end I would think of is an issue with the rom or cause I haven’t updated the game to 1.2 but the decryptor batch file doesn’t work for some reason (game was fine but the update is un-decrypted)

This is the batch issue, I don’t expect an answer to fix this but if you know that would be cool

I was able to get the update to decrypt but the game still doesn’t work

Don’t know how or why this works but try running as administrator and setting the priority to high.

Follow our guide for dumping the game update the correct way:

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problems with 0 fps as well, it happens to all my games. I mainly play Mario and Luigi games and my computer been able to handle all of it up until now.
once the 0 fps happens at the start of the game it starts to lag the window as well, and when I try to close the app it crashes. citra_log.txt (11.7 KB)

CPU: i5 quad core 3.20
GPU: Intergragted graphics Intel(R)
CItra Version: Citra Nightly 1703

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1703 HEAD-9ff9727
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 2500
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.4303
CPU JIT                                       [ ]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. Downloads for Graphics
  • CPU JIT should be enabled for the best performance. Please enable this option.
  • The CPU Clock percentage is not 100%. You may experience unexpected game speed.

^ This driver is out of date. To update, download win64_15.33.53.5161.zip from Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

Then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Furthermore, because your iGPU has driver bugs, you’ll need to use an older version of Citra in order to prevent random freezing and crashing from occurring until you upgrade your hardware:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.

Since you’re on a desktop, you should double check whether or not you have a dedicated GPU installed. Right click on your start button and select Device Manager. Then expand the Display adapters tab. If it says you have anything other than Intel HD Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 2500), let us know.

You should also set your CPU Clock Speed back to 100%. Underclocking or Overclocking can result in freezing as well.

Lastly, you should turn CPU JIT back on in Emulation>Configuration>General>Debug Tab

I don’t have a dedicated GPU but after updating the driver I’m able to play again

I would still recommend using the older Citra version I linked you in my previous post as you may end up having issues with randomly freezing on launch after a couple times. But it’s up to you.