Gamepad analog sticks not omnidirectional

Issue:
When using a gamepad in Citra, it seems as if Citra handles the inputs from the left and right analog sticks as just 8 directions, rather than gradually changing direction like the 3DS’s circle pad does. This leads to very choppy movement in games that require much precision, like Zelda A Link Between Worlds and even Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D to some extent. I do not know if this is a bug, or if it hasn’t been implemented yet. Either way, I could not find any topics regarding this issue on the forums so I’ll post this anyway.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU:
  • NVIDIA GTX 970
  • GPU:
  • Intel Core i7-4790K Stock
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Citra HEAD-16302ea
  • Game:
  • Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D
  • Zelda A Link Between Worlds
  • Gamepad:
  • Xbox One Wireless Controller V2 (Bluetooth)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

This issue is difficult to show a screenshot of, but it is very noticeable when you play the game with a gamepad. I’ll try to upload a GIF or a video if someone asks for it.

Thanks in advance!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You did configure with Set Analog Stick instead of Up, Down, Left and Right. Pretty sure movements depend on the game but I can assure you that it works like it does on 3DS with Zelda games with an Xbox One controller.