Games launch with sound but no video

When I launch a game in Yuzu, the Switch “Launching” screen loads and the game starts with sound, but there is no video. It is just a black screen with audio running. I can even hear sounds when I use the controller to cycle through menu options, but the black screen remains. I am running Intel® HD Graphics 530 graphics card with an OpenGL Version 4.5 and Vulkan Version 1.1.89. I’ve posted my log for this error while trying to run Shantae Ultimate Edition. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks
yuzu_log.txt (102.8 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 1122 HEAD-63c0d2de6
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
GPU Driver Version                            25.20.100.6446
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Update you GPU Driver.

Thank you ionelush2001! I updated the graphics driver and everything is working great!

1 Like