Games run worse on Ubuntu

Issue:

not so long ago I switched to Zorin Os (based on ubuntu) and the game worked decent for me on windows it was not unplayable

But now that I happen to this distro Super Smash Bros has a much better frame of pictures but in some occasions where in windows it worked well now it goes very bad

In the image I got the smash ball and the performance of the game goes from 100% to less than 60% or less, in windows it also happened but the frames only dropped to 95%, this also happens in the victory screen

what could be causing this?

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.8 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:

1. Open Citra, then go to File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
  2. Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
  3. Now upload the log file in this chat.

citra_log.txt (1.2 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1720 HEAD-c40871f12
Operating System                              KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6
Graphics Renderer                             Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (SKL GT2)
GPU Driver Version                            Mesa 21.1.4
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I just updated my version of Mesa and it still has not been repaired

You appear to have a bunch of corrupted files in your nand folder. Try renaming your nand folder (should be able to get to it by going File>Open Citra Folder) to nand edit. Then restart Citra. See if the issue remains. If it does, upload another log file.

I reloaded the files that come by default, the problem is still :frowning: about the damaged nand files it may be that I used some files to fix the heads of the Mii but I already restored them and it was not fixed

citra_log.txt (2.0 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1720 HEAD-c40871f12
Operating System                              KDE Flatpak runtime
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6
Graphics Renderer                             Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (SKL GT2)
GPU Driver Version                            Mesa 21.1.4
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

I already fixed it on my own XD, it seems that the problem is in the nightly edition now if I activate the smash ball there is no problem