Generating two console id

hi can i ask how to generate two different console ID? step by step please

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

What do you mean by two? do you want to run two citra instances at the same time?

I want to trade by myself in pokemon ultra sun and I did some researching they said I need to generate two console ID at the same time

but every time i generate a console id the other citra build copies the console id

on your second citra root folder, create a folder named user and copy the contents of:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ to it. this will make your second citra have it’s own config. now you can regenerate on one without interfering with the other.

edit: correct folder name.

still not working. can u please be more specific on how to do it? or plz a have a step by step intsruction thank you!

On the folder:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ you should have some folders like Config and nand, this is where you dumped your system files. anyway, you make a copy of your citra folder, name it whatever you like, inside of it (where for instance, citra.exe and citra-qt.exe resides) create a new folder named user and copy the folders from C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ into the user folder that you just created.

hey thanks for your fast reply. I tried that and this happens

this is normal, citra may show this screen when you first run it.
but just to make sure, where did you install citra?

C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Local\Citra

I already created a new console ID thanks. but i had to start new game, how do i load my saved game from the other citra build?

you may have skipped something.

on your second citra folder, make sure that you created a folder named user
and that you have copied the folders to it:
config
nand
smdc
sysdata

inside that user folder, it should look like this:

hey Ive done it thank you very much! really appreciated your help!

2 Likes

show me how please
Open >>> `C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra
We have Config, log, …
Copy those folder in to what???
I install my Citra at Driver D, not C
Show me how

Say you have citra installed on D:\citra-canary (where citra-qt.exe is located)
then you’ve duplicated it, and have a second folder D:\citra-canary2.

by default citra you look for its system archives and config files on:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\

on the D:\citra-canary2 folder, create a folder and name it user, copy everything from:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ to the userfolder on D:\citra-canary2

First, Open `C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ (Copy evrything inside)
Next Open location of Citra installed (D:\Games\Citra or anywhere u installed)
Then go inside Citra, there will be 2 folder canary and nightly
Copy canary and create a another canary (canary-copy)
Open canary-copy >>> create a new folder name “user”
Back to the first step Paste every inside the “user”
Right???

correct, you should also regenerate the Console ID on (only) the citra instance with the user folder.

So, I open folder “canary 2” (which has “user” folder inside) and run citra
Then Emulation >> Config >> System >> click on Regenerate (to make a new Console ID?)

Yes! minimum characters…